Guide to repair iPhone 3G, 3GS: replace the touch screen and windows
The LCD and the glass of your iPhone 3G or 3GS are damaged, broken, cracked? Follow this photo tutorial to repair your iPhone. This set is complete and includes: the LCD, the touch screen and the glass.
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 1:
- Unscrew the two phillips #00 screws from each side of the connector dock your iPhone 3 G or 3GS.
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 2:
- At the opening of iPhone, be careful, go gently to not pull on the cables lying behind.
- There is a gasket between the glass of the screen and the contour metal. It will take probably a little force to separate the whole LCD screen + windows.
- Stick the suction cup as close as possible of the home button then gently pull the entire LCD screen + windows.
- If the screen is too damaged to use, you can used the scotch of powerful packaging, to avoid breaking the screen.
- If your suction cup has a metal loop, remove the. It is easier to manipulate the Cup without, and you especially better grip.
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 3:
- The entire LCD screen + windows is connected to the iPhone via several cables. Do not try to disconnect them at the moment.
- Simply e Sunriseentire screen LCD + glass at about 45 °
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 4:
- Always hold the screen in the air with a hand. With your other hand use the spatula to disconnect the black tablecloth on which is written 1.
- The water is simply inserted into the connector, no locking system is used. You have to gently pull on the tablecloth.
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 5:
- Now turn the screen vertically. This will allow you to have easier access to the rest of the cables to disconnect.
- Use the spatula to disconnect the black water marked 2.
Replace the entire LCD screen + windows iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 6:
- 3 water is held in place with a type FPC Connector. Before removing the water need unlock system FPX. The holding in place the connector locking system is located on the side opposite to the arrival of the slick. To unlock the system just very gently lift the latch at 90 ° with the spatula.
- Attention: the locking FPX system is quite tricky to open, we must act very carefully in order to damage anything (see detail image).
- Once the CPF system is open, exit the water from its location to disconnect the whole LCD screen + windows.
- To reassemble: If the latch of the FPC system is not open, it is impossible to slide the water inside. Think well meet at 90 ° the FPC system before inserting the tablecloth.
You can now follow this tutorial in reverse to reassemble your iPhone 3 G - 3GS.