Guide to repair iPhone 3G, 3GS: replace the battery
Your iPhone 3G or 3GS battery would most like the load or is damaged? Follow this photo tutorial to replace the battery of your iPhone.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 1:
- Unscrew the two phillips #00 screws from each side of the connector dock your iPhone 3 G or 3GS.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 2:
- At the opening of iPhone, be careful, go gently to not pull on the cables lying behind.
- There is a gasket between the glass of the screen and the contour metal. It will take probably a little force to separate the whole LCD screen + windows.
- Stick the suction cup as close as possible of the home button then gently pull the entire LCD screen + windows.
- If the screen is too damaged to use, you can used the scotch of powerful packaging, to avoid breaking the screen.
- If your suction cup has a metal loop, remove the. It is easier to manipulate the Cup without, and you especially better grip.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 3:
- The entire LCD screen + windows is connected to the iPhone via several cables. Do not try to disconnect them at the moment.
- Simply lift the entire LCD screen + windows at about 45 °
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 4:
- Always hold the screen in the air with a hand. With your other hand use the spatula to disconnect the black tablecloth on which is written 1.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 5:
- Now turn the screen vertically. This will allow you to avoIR easier access to the rest of the cables to disconnect.
- Use the spatula to disconnect the black water marked 2.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 6:
- Some iPhone have the colors reversed (black connectors and white plastic tab). Be sure to disconnect the tongue properly to avoid damaging the connector
- Use the spatula to lift the small white tab holding the black tablecloth in place. Once the tab 90 ° disconnect the water
- Remove the water from its connector and remove LCD screen and glass Assembly of your iPhone
- Caution: Some version of iPhone 3G non-U.S. (China, Europe...) lacks protections for groundwater tab. When you need to reassemble your iPhone need to exert a little pressure so that the tablecloths come in connectors.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 7:
- Insert your SIM card ejection tools or a trombone in the hole next to the headphone jack.
- Push the tool into the hole, the SIM card slot will have to pull it out
- Exit now completely arte your iPhone SIM slot
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 8:
- With the spatula, disconnect the water 4.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 9:
- With the help of the spatula disconnect the Flex cable 5.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 10:
- For an iPhone 3Guse the spatula to disconnect the water 6.For iPhone 3GS
- use the spatula to disconnect the water 7. Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 11:
Carefully lift the small sticker on which is written Do not remove
- Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 12:Unscrew the 8 following bolts: the 5 phillips screws #00 2.3 mm attaching the motherboard to the hull rear (in red).
The 2 phillips screws #00 2.3 mm attaching the motherboard and the camera (in orange)
The phillips screw #00 2.9 mm lying below the Do not remove sticker
- (in yellow)
- Council for re-Assembly the screws next to the camera offers a metal strip holding the camera in place.
- Don't forget to replace this band metal place before inserting the phillips #00 2.3 mm screw.
- Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 13:Use the spatula to carefully lift the camera from its location.
- Attention: the camera being connected to the motherboard by cable, it can not be removed completely for the moment!
- Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 14:
Use the spatula to gently lift the bottom of the motherboard (side dock connector).
If your motherboard does not raise, check that all screws holding the motherboard have been removed
- Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 15:
Drag now the motherboard to the dock connector out of the iPhone.
When reassembling the motherboard, make sure nice to have set the upper part of the motherboard (to the location for the SIM card) before continuing. This is very important in order to have the SIM card slot and the motherboard well aligned. Once the top of the iPhone in place you can you occupy the lower part
- The motherboard is securely in place when the SIM, the location for camera card slot and the dock connector are well in front of their locations.
Replace battery iPhone 3G, 3GS - step 16:
Use the spatula to lift the battery. The battery is attached with the scotch to the hull back of the iPhone. To avoid blowing the battery during this manoeuvre we recommend to use only the plastic tab if possible.
- Normally your new battery will be also equipped with an adhesive to keep your battery in place. If this is not the case put the adhesive on your old battery on the new.